Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Tale of Two Cities

I found some sarcasm!!!! I was very excited when I stumbled upon this passage and actually laughed aloud which is always good with a book. It took place when Miss Manette goes into shock about the news she is receiving from Mr. Lorry and when "a wild-looking woman, whom even in his agitation, Mr.Lorry observed to be all of a red colour, and to have red hair, and to be dressed in some extraordinary tight-fitting fashion, and to have on her head a most wonderful bonnet like a Grenadier wooden measure, and good measure too, or a great Stilton cheese, came running into the room inadvance of the inn servants, and soon settled the question of his detachment from the poor young lady, by laying a brawny hand upon his chest, and sending him flying back against the nearest wall. ("I really think this must be a man!" was Mr.Lorry's breathless reflection, simultaneously with his coming against the wall.)" Hahahahahahaha!! Even typing the passage again made me laugh. Dicken's description of the woman is already funny and I could tell that she was already crazy looking but then to go on and say he was unsure if the person was a man or a woman made me actually laugh aloud. This was an awesome passage.

No comments:

Post a Comment