Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Sun Also Rises

I did not like this book while I was reading it for the simple fact that I did not give myself enough time to read it and had to cram it in in one night for AP Lit BUT after discussing the novel in class, I've come to actually like The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway. The symbolism in the book is so subtle yet so powerful and I loved that about it. Also, Hemingway's style of writing allowed the reader to come to conclusions on their own and figure things out for themselves like figuring out that Jake's wound from the war is the reason him and Brett are not together. I'm not sure if I liked the characters in the book due to the fact that they were so loose and wild but then again that was the point of the Lost Generation so I could appreciate the character development. Overall, it was a good book that I did enjoy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment